Thursday, November 25, 2010

I've got plenty to be thankful for

Being thankful during hard times can be hard. So instead of listing things in my life that I'm thankful for, I'm going to focus more on the people in my lives. It's the people in my life who have truly blessed me. I strongly believe that it's the people in my life who have truly made me who I am. So I'm making a list of the people most important to me...

*Dad- We may not have the same beliefs or too much in common, but he's always there to support me. He keeps my head on the ground, and he's always there to ask me "are you sure this is what you should do?" I know he will always support my decision but he always helps me to think so I can know I'm making the right one. We've gone on so many adventures and he's literally shown me the world. I can't wait for our many more adventures! EuroDisney? ;)

*Mother- She's been my best friend all my life. Our relationship always felt more like a partnership than a mother-daughter relationship and I love her for it. Her opinion always matters (I hate it when she doesn't "care for" my clothing options haha) and her advice has always helped me live my life. Thanks for paving the way for me and being such a strong example to me.

*Joe- For being the 2nd patriarch and father to me. You are an amazing big brother and I will never take for granted all that you've done and sacrificed for me growing up and what you still do for me today.

*Stacey- You're not just a sister-in-law, you're a friend and style guru!

*Shelly- For teaching me how to be a girl. You taught me how to cook, sew, even put on make-up. You taught me patience and obediance. It's because of you and Joe that I tell people I didn't have siblings, I had four parents. You always took care of me and I'll love you forever for it.

*Sue- We lucked out majorly in finding you and adding you to our family. You made my Dad into a new man and it makes me happy to see how happy you've made him. I love you for loving my family and for all the fun adventures you've shared with me.

*Lisa- You are my crazy second mother. I love watching movies with you for your reactions. You have taught me SO many little things. How to properly pack a suitcase, how to keep a kitchen space clean while cooking, and how to bargain shop. I love our song game... I never give you enough props for all the hundreds of times you've won when I've only won two or three times.

*Tabitha- You are one of the best friends a girl can have. I love that we can live states apart and still be so close. I miss our summer of tie-dye, long boarding, and movie marathons. I love that I can alway count on you for distraction and total relaxation.

*Kristi- You are the strongest person I know. You've been through so much and yet you still manage to be there for others. You love me without any judgement and you always give helpful advice.

*Steven- You are hilarious. You never cease to make me laugh.

*Karen- It's nice to be looked-after after looking-after for so long. It may drive me nuts sometimes but it means a lot to me that you care so much. I miss your laugh, your chocolate chip cookies, and our Journey bed-dancing.

*Alyssa- I love your blunt and sarcastic humor, your comforting hugs, your laugh, and "P.S"s. I love that we can drive in a car for 4.5 hours and not stop talking the whole way there.

*Trysten- Thank you for being there for me every night this summer. You were my wind-down and you always listened to me without judgement when I needed you.

*Kristy- Thank you for being there for me in the mornings. You were my pep-talk for the day when I didn't want to go to work and face all that crap. You made me strong and I miss your smile.

*Katie- Thank you for your laugh. It brought us all together. Thank you for your calm and your crazy. And thank you for always being excited about Disney, it kept things magical for all of us.

*Kendall- Thank you for our shared jokes. I miss dancing with you, quoting Sword and the Stone and playing at MK. Thank you for always listening to my stories and making me feel funnier than I really am.

*Jill- I have never laughed so hard, so often with someone. Thank you for our late-night laughs and our sleep-overs in our room and for always making it smell like breath in the morning.

*Allison- You are my artistic inspiration. You bring music into my life (literally) and you make me feel really cool while still pointing out how totally dorky I am. Doctor Who for life!

I have been so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving and try to think hard about the many people who have blessed you in your life. I'm thankful for you!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I was surprised to see that I made the list, and when I did see my name I was extremely touched.
Much love directed right back at you. I'm thankful for you in too many ways to list, and I can't wait to see you again. <3