Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Harry Potter

I needed to post this picture. I found it on my new friend Gianna's blog (which is freaking sweet. I don't know anyone who posts as much as many times a day as she does and I love it). It reminded me of Harry Potter and the fact that the new movie is coming out tonight and I don't get to go to the midnight showing because I'll be getting off a plane :( BUT, heart will be there in spirit.

On my drive down to Boise, since that's where I flew out, I was listening to the last Harry Potter book on CD. I didn't even make it half way! But it was so fantastic.

And so to continue on with the Harry Potter theme, I'm reading the first, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone IN FRENCH. OooooOOOOoooo. It's really not that big of a deal. It's pretty basic vocabulary but I'm really enjoying it. It's been a really long time since I even read the first book so it's really interesting still, plus I'm learning a lot more vocab.

When I was working in WDW (Walt Disney World) I worked with this awesome gentleman named Steve. Steve didn't speak french but he read it. I don't really know how that works, but he was always telling me that if I want to get better in comprehending french or even pronouncing it, I need to read it. Plus it helps me work on my informal communication skills. He ended up giving me a french detective book he finished reading for a farewell present but I took his advice and bought HP "en francais". I'm a good 1/3 way done and then I hope to move on to the next one. But man, Amazon.com in french is freaky! Amazon.fr


Hedwig is so cute! Reminds me of Pippin in owl form. Maybe for Halloween I can go as Holly Potter and I'll put some wings on Pippin and he can be my Hedwig

1 comment:

Gianna said...

hooray! :D although I don't know if the frequency of my posting always a good thing. p.s. I am infinitely jealous of your french skillz.