Monday, December 20, 2010

Poor Father

Well I have arrived safely in the good 'ole DC. But not without my fair share of adventure...

My flights were fine. They were quick and without delay. Even though there was a close call in Salt Lake because of intense fog and snow, but the plane ended up arriving relatively early. And I got the whole back row to myself! It was glorious! Or, well ok, as glorious as Delta Airlines can get with your spine cracking in half and NOTHING to watch on the puny screen and only a bag or microscopic pretzels to eat for 5 hours... But I got to stretch out and catch up on a couple books.

I landed safely and relatively early and I contacted my Dad who was circling the boarding area when... *GASP*... we realized we were at two different freaking airports...

Yup... an hour away from each other...

but luckily I played it cool and used my street-smart knowledge from exploring NYC on my own, I was able to flag down a cab and get to the house before Dad did. It was an adventure but I'm glad to be in a home.

Although it's weird sleeping in a room by myself. I was really tired at first but now that I'm in this big bed in an empty room, it's kind of weird. I've always been one to enjoy my own personal time, but I don't know. I kind of don't like sleeping by myself now... I've become a wimp in the dark!


No comments: