Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I am alive

I guess you never really know how much you depend on computers until you don't have one for a while. My poor Mac had to go to the Genius Bar Hospital for a while. And with good timing too, my apple care warrantee expired three days before so I would have had to pay the $250 in repair fees but the sweet guy/Genius Ben told me that since it was so close he'd let it pass and I got it all done free! Pretty smooth.

But I'm finally in New York City for Hallmark Christmas 2.0. Although my arrival was heralded by a freak blizzard! Now I pride myself on my tough snow-skin from living in Idaho for a couple years now but I was not prepared for this... Walking in a foot of snow with leather patent shoes, with a rolling carry-on suitcase and a huge duffle bag that's as big as me. The wheels were inoperable in the snow so I had to lift my oversized bag and lean into the wind in order to push forward. It was crazy! I'd never seen wind that bad, even in Rexburg standards.

But needless to say I was not prepared for this weather. So I had to quickly purchase a hat and scarf to brave the cold. But other than that, it's been fantastic to be back. New York is starting to feel more like home.

No comments: