Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ca-razy Day

Oh my business... today has been SO weird. I had a monster of a final project due today for Graphic Design (PRAISE the Lord it is OVER!). But of course, last night everything that could go wrong DID go wrong. So I ended up not sleeping... at all.

With a little help from my friend Mavrick (which if you are lucky enough not to live in Idaho, is a nasty gas station-cousin to 7-11), I was able to keep myself awake enough to finish my project to the best of my ability and go on to class.

The only problem with this situation was the fact that I cannot function sleep-deprived. I was freaking EVERYWHERE! I felt like my entire body was vibrating. I had all this crazy energy that I literally felt like I was going to explode. Funny thing about all nighters- you tend to completely lose hearing, because suddenly everyone's looking at you weird and you're talking REALLY LOUD. You're volume is completely broken. And then your eyes go on automatic. It's like "ok, you haven't closed us for a while, so we're gonna stop focusing". And then you just look stoned because you can't see unless you open your eyes to the maximum aperture (like the photography reference? :D). But it doesn't stop there, pretty soon you're running on pure adrenalin. You just kind of follow the crowd. At one point I almost got into a friends car not realizing what the freak I was doing until he reminded me that I live right across the street from the parking lot where his car was parked. So I walked home, laughing hysterically by myself at my mistake. By the time I made it home, it was on full-force. I knew I needed to go to bed but I felt like I had enough energy to get stuff done, so I kept going! Which was a dumb idea, it wasn't until I realized that I lost the ability to think to myself, and I was talking out loud like some crazed mental patient, that my roommate shoved me into my bedroom. I laid down and ---- OUT!

And then I woke up... and I felt like the living dead's reject. I couldn't pick up my feet. My eyes were bloodshot and I'm pretty sure I was slurring worse than I did before I went into a coma. But no worries. I traded in my friend Maverick for Starbucks... Which by the way is the perfect name, it's like they sell cups of glorious tasting stars for a couple of bucks. Well done. Fantastic company, brilliant drinks, and intellectual conversations about swearing in Utah, brawls at PF Changs (or Princess Floozy Changs as my mother says... we didn't know what the PF stands for so we got creative. That woman is brilliant), every man's man Glenn, and Camel toes (please don't ask me to explain). Three photography students + one awesome Brittany= strangest conversations to over-hear.

There Mark. I did it.

Starbucks tomorrow as well. Too excited.

I felt like this was appropriate. Pippin is tired -> I was tired -> I miss Pippin. BOOM!

No comments: