Wednesday, March 9, 2011

wait a minute mr. postman!

I check the mailbox every day. Without fail. Every. Day.

I have this pen pal who's pretty awesome. We both write letters frequently because we both recognize the art in handwritten letters. So needless to say, I've gotten in the habit of checking. Plus I've been waiting for months for a much over-due letter from some one.

I have found two of the most amazing things in my mail box.

One:

A miniture Beatles lunchbox. It's too tiny for any actual use but it makes me smile and think of the person who sent it. I love it

And Two:

A message in a bottle.

The later really confused my mail man, since it didn't fit in my little mail cubby. He took it to the office where they then showed everyone who came into the office until I arrived to pick it up. Now I'm famous in my building for getting mail in an orange juice bottle.

I know I've said this before but I'm going to say it again: I strongly urge everyone to send someone a handwritten letter. It really says a lot more.

No comments: