Monday, March 28, 2011

the morton

This is Morton.

Or the Matterhorne.

It's in Disneyland.

It got the name from my niece. When the kids were little we went to Disneyland for my 17th birthday. Suze was a tiny little thing but she was brave enough to go on the rides so we took her on the Matterhorne. At first she was freaked out but when we got off she was so excited. She wanted to go again and again. But we wanted to go on other rides first so I told her we would come back.

With her cute little speech (she's got a brooklyn accident even though she was born and raised in the west coast), she turned to me and pointed at my face with her cubby little finger and said, "Do you pwomise? Do you pwomise that we will go on the Morton? Because a pwomise is a pwomise, and a pwomise is a deal that you make."

Well I kept my pwomise, and we went on the Morton many more times afterwards.

No comments: