Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Day at Disneyland

While working It's Tough to be a Bug, there's a position called Greeter, where the cast member stands out front and welcomes guests as they come in... basically you're just there to answer stupid questions... One day I was at Greeter when a small little boy walks past with his parents. He's got a tiny baseball cap on and his hands in his pockets...

H: hey little bug! Crawl on in!

Baby Joe Cool: with a smirk on his face. I'm awesome

H: I was kind of taken back and didn't know how to respond. Errrr, yes you are!

Baby joe Cool: Yeah, I watch Spiderman

H: At this point I am dying of laughter. Then that DEFINITELY makes you awesome!

Mother of Joe Cool: Yeah and he's humble too

Oh my gosh. I love children. Especially when they have the confidence to tell a stranger just how cool they think they are. I think we all need that kind of self-esteem

1 comment:

neil and jes said...

love this story! definitely a laugh out loud moment.