Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My First Parade Shift!

Yesterday was fantastic!

I spent the entire day following monsters as they danced their way down the street, and helping "incredible" super heros pick out new recruits in the fight against evil!

I was part of the Guest Control cast members for the Disney Pixar Pals Parade. They were two separate 9 minute parades that happened three times, so a total of 6 parades. And like 50 breaks. So that was really nice. All of the people working GC were females and then of course our lead was a younger fellow (quite cute), so he felt so out of place. But it was so much fun!

I've always loved the parades in Disneyland, and I never thought I would actually BE in one! It was awesome. And kind of hilarious.

As kind of an unwritten law, entertainment doesn't socialize with other cast members, but Mr. Incredible was totally hitting on me. Haha, his poor wife ;) But he kept trying to walk with me in the parade and then behind the scenes we were talking (about my hair, people never believe me when I tell them its real) and he kept feeling it but his rubber gloves he had on kept catching in my hair, that was weird... And it was also weird when I saw what he really looked like. I mean I know there are people under there but it still shocks me every time!

And then there was the guy on the spring-stilts. There were three of them that were supposed to be jumping around during the show but he kept bouncing next to me talking to me during the show. I kept saying, "aren't you supposed to be doing something?" It was weird. I'm not used to this attention.

But anyways, the costume was a nice break from my overalls and lab coat. And it got really warm so it was nice to have the shorts, even though they are so high they could act as a bra!! ok, HUGE exaggeration, but they're still freakishly high.

But I had so much fun! I hope to do it again sometime soon!

Oh yeah... Mr. Incredible was all over this... bahaha! SO awkward!

1 comment:

Gianna said...

those shorts are fabulous.