Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Good News on the Disney Front!!!

My interview was today!!

So the last week or so has been absolutely grueling for me. I'm not going to go into the whole story because it's far too long and depressing, but the bottom line is that I was mistakenly told that all positions were full in Disneyland, so there was no chance of getting in. I was upset but then a friend of mine from Disney World told me that I did the application wrong because they didn't know I was a current cast member! So I filled out the correct paper work, faxed it in and I called to see if they got it. A woman said yes and that it's processing (first piece of good news) and then today a woman I have been trying to reach for this whole time called me and asked if I could do a quick interview!!!

That's where the story begins. I was in the gym this morning when she called, so I was sweaty and out of breath and I couldn't hear over the booming screen of BYU-TV (whoever thinks that that would be an appropriate show to watch while running is WRONG... I wouldn't even want to watch it sitting on a couch in my pjs! SO boring). But any ways, I was able to get her to call me back in an hour and a half. So I ran home and showered. Then at exactly 2:30 she called!!

The interview was actually only ten minutes long, and I've already discussed word-for-word what happened with both parents so I'll just put out the basic outline-
1- She asked me why Disneyland: It's always been my goal from the beginning to work in DL but I started in DW because of the BYU housing
2- What did I do in DW: I worked in the Magic Kingdom Parking lot driving the tram and I LOVED it
3- She saw that I requested Guest Relations and do I understand that I'll be working with people who can be frustrated ranging to anger to complimentary: I said yes, I've had my fair share in the parking lot
4- Then she asked for an example of how I dealt with a frustrated guest, so I told her about the old man who swore at me until I found his car and then he loved me. She loved that example.
5- Then she had me ask what my top 3 roles were: Guest Relations!, Attractions, and PhotoPass
6-Why Attractions?: Because I love being able to talk to the guests and sharing their excitement for the ride and being able to hear about their days
7- THEN!! She proceeded to tell me that by talking to me she thinks I'll be GREAT for Guest Relations and she'll suggest me for the position! Also, I was her last interview for the day so she was going to send out my recommendation today and I'll hear back from them in about a week and a half for the next steps!!

I'm SO excited about this! I feel really positive about this. I feel like this is exactly what I'm meant to do, so now all I have to do is settle down and wait for the long haul until I hear back from them! AHHHHHH! I'm just too excited!!! I want to know NOW!!


3 comments:

Ashley said...

Horray!! Hopefully we can embark on this adventure together! We can bring BYU housing to California!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! I hope it'll work out for you

Syd said...

this is so exciting :) i have a friend that did guest relations this past summer at Disneyland. SHE LOVED IT! i sure hope it all works out-you would be great :)