Monday, October 4, 2010

Shoot Me... Cameras and other cravings

So I'm kind of on this camera thing presently... I'm totally itching to buy a Nikon FM (below). It's a film camera that Nikon still makes and it's electric so it's got the nice smooth functions of an SLR but still that same awesome film quality of actual prints. I think I'm now a Film person. I love the quality and the romance about it. And not to get all weird on you but a dark room is incredibly sexy and getting an actual print out of it is heart-stopping! But alas, I being the responsible college student that I am cannot afford one of these until a much later time... But isn't it beautiful?!

I recently, ok 20 mins ago; went on to Amazon.com because I had to buy a camera bag. Since I'm carrying around more than one camera at a time for my photography class, I can no longer risk putting my SLR in my backpack. So I found a nice 3 slotted camera bag for only $14.99 online and a new lens cap. *My old one tragically threw himself off a bridge during the excitement of Harry Potter's Wizarding World in FL* And then I found these ingenious lens straps so never again will I lose another lens to the same fate. But THEN(!) while I was looking at other accessories I found the idea of strap covers, so I went on to Etsy.com and found TONS! But below are some of my favorites. I'm holding off on buying any, but what do you think? I'm afraid some of them might be a tad too girly for me...
By Tracyjoy
Maybe too girly

By missprissypants
*This one is my all time favorite with the mustard yellow underneath*

By missprissypants

By Eclecticwhatnot
I really like the lavender

By Eclecticwhatnot
But I've always loved red!

By Eclecticwhatnot
Ok the Zebra print is a HUGE risk/stretch for me but I love the black and green


No comments: