Sunday, October 17, 2010

And the Magic Continues...

So for all of the people that do a college program with Disney, there is a very common disease called PDD (Post Disney Depression). Side effects include: tears to any and every Disney song, uncontrollable tendency to talk about inside Disney jokes with Disney-friends around non-Disney friends, strange cravings for rides, pupils turning into the shapes or three interconnecting ellipses, and the tendency to jump at any mention of the word "Disney".

I can't help it. Although I loved my job and my roommates, and I totally loved going to the parks for free; certain people and bad experiences with the people I worked with have made it so I have NO desire to return to Florida. Plus the weather was just too much to handle.

But I still have this uncontrollable desire to work with this company that I love so much. Also, since I don't have many options for a place to live this summer... (I know I have many options from people who care about me, but there's a difference between a home that's mine and a home that belongs to someone else). So I'm determined to find something for myself, and I've discovered the perfect decision...

DISNEYLAND!!!


That's right... I'm going back to work for the Mouse. I'm going to apply for an internship with Disneyland in Anaheim California. And this time I'm going to apply for a position in Guest Relations which means I'll be working with VIPs and doing tours. I'll be one of those girls walking around dressed as a Jockey, leading people with a riding crop!


That'll be me!! (In the skirt)

I think I have a really good chance for it too. Since I've already gone through a program, there's an extremely high chance of me being accepted and given the job of my choice. Plus, I'm applying for the term that goes from April 2010 to January 2011. So my being there for a good nine months shows my dedication to be there. ALSO! With my standing with the company and my status as a previous cast member, I'll be getting better pay!

The meeting is this Wednesday and then the application process will just fly by, so I'll keep you updated! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Christibear said...

Here's a WDW College program alum wishing you lots of luck! I also did an "advanced" internship, went back to Florida and loved every minute of it. I met my best friend there in 97 and we went on to be each other's bridesmaids and godmothers to our children. Enjoy!