Saturday, April 9, 2011

last day of finals!

First I woke up at the unholy hour of 5 am to get a head-start on my very. last. final. Due today and I have work so it has to be done.

And I walked to my Starbucks around the corner. It was completely void of all people and cars. The sky was grey and starting to light up and there were birds singing. My life is a Disney movie.

I kind of love California. I love the smell of Jasmine in the morning and I kind of love how it doesn't go through seasonal change like the rest of the world (sorry Rexburg).

When I got to Starbucks, my friend Alex (barrista) said good morning and already got started on my drink without even asking me what I wanted because she already knew. Wayne the Champion was already in his corner getting started on his daily work of Solitatire. And now I'm sitting here with my old fashioned dough nut and my warm drink watching as the sun lights up the palm trees across the parking lot. I freaking love palm trees. I can't get over it.

Today is my last day of finals.

No comments: