Thursday, April 21, 2011

disneyland update

Ok... so Paul.

I had a meeting with him on Monday. It was the head of the education series for the Disney College program. But anyways, I got there super early because the office building behind ToonTown can be majorly confusing. But luckily this really sweet tiny lady helped me find his cubicle.

When I got there, we just kind of got to know eachother. We talked a lot about school. He was really interested to hear that I was from a BYU school and he said all kinds of great things about the kids he's had the opportunity to work with from BYU. I was pretty proud of my fellow classmates. But we also talked about my schooling and what I'm studying. I told him that I had about a year (roughly) left of school. We discussed plans and options.

My original plan was to become a seasonal cast member, go back to school, graduate as soon as possible, and then move back down to California to be a full-time regular cast member. (I was thinking today... I love California. I will be moving back.) But it was interesting. Paul brought a lot of new and different options to mind that I hadn't thought about. Some were kind of scary and risky and others were smart, but it would mean a lot of change.

It means I'm going to have to do a lot more serious thinking about my future.

And then he gave me all kinds of contact information for tons of different people. Even people I had never really thought about before: a head of Guest Relations and the Ambassador program, a graphic designer, a Disney Weddings planner, a special events planner, and a head of the parks development program (that means he's the props guy for all the windows and decorations. He also decorates for holidays inside the parks!)

I'm really excited for the opportunity, but I've got to work on getting a portfolio together and work on two different resumes: one professional and one creative one. Paul's gonna help me out here, but this is huge! I can really feel something good is going to come from this!