Monday, April 11, 2011

black caterpillars

I used to hate my eyebrows.

I thought they were just HUGE! And on top of that, I happen to have one of the most over-expressionate faces ever. Slut. I can't help it. I don't wear my emotions on my sleeve because they move to my face too quickly.

But I've kind of learned to love them. I'm not a shaver. I pluck my eyebrows. I just recently this year started getting them waxed but that's very rare. It started like this:

I was visiting my Dad and step-mother when Sue asked if I wanted to have a spa day. It was great. We always have a ton of fun on our spa days. We get our nails done and she gets a facial. Well I had just finished my pedicure and the little Vietnamese girl was about to get started on my nails when she kept looking at my face with a strange stern expression.

Finally she waves her nail file around her face and says, "You want eye-brow wax?"
"Uh, no thanks." I would rather NOT have hot wax dripped onto my face and have folicles ripped out so close to my eyes.
Two minutes later. "You not want eyebrow wax? I do really quick."
"Thanks but I'm fine." ok... um still no...
Two minutes after that. "Wax is really good. Cleans it up. No hurt."
"Uh..." Oh MY GOSH! Is there something wrong with my face?! Am I that hideous?!
"... o k ..."
Well, the wax really wasn't that bad. It was relatively great and it really did turn out really good. And then I just tried to maintain it with plucking the odd hairs. And I went back to her to get it waxed again. I'm a fan.

But the point is, I kind of love eyebrows. They really do frame your eyes. And I love mine because they're big and black. They draw more attention on my pale face so I hardly ever wear eye makeup.

And I love the expressions you can do with them! I love to scrunch my eyebrows or raise them really high. Do it. It feels good. And see if you can raise one eyebrow at a time. My brother and I are really good at doing the one eyebrow raise. And my sister is really good at wiggling her eyebrows really fast. I think it runs in the family.

I would love Marilyn's

No comments: