Friday, February 18, 2011

Home of my future

I'm getting that feeling again where I want to turn in my suitcases...

I've been thinking about bedrooms a lot lately. Whoa there. I mean like cozy sleeping. I'm tired of twin beds. As soon as I get a place, I've decided that I'm NOT sleeping in a twin ever again. I will go without Christmas (?! *GASP*) if I could get a full-sized mattress.

I need a room to feel like a cozy cave. Dark and warm. So a lot of the following colors are a mixture of both. I'm a dark color type person. It makes me feel like I'm home. So bellow is a mixture of things that I'm thinking about as inspiration.

I like blue walls... and I like grey walls... so put them together and WIN!
I have three of these mirrors. They look really sweet when I put them together
I love red. I want to dive-bomb into this bed
I kind of want to try that whole hippy-bed-on-the-floor thing. I don't think head boards are necessary
My favorite bed ever (was a twin) but it is a black wrought iron bed, I'm going to turn it into a couch
But I'm learning to love the white

I want bland with BOLD coloring

Must have. Represent my mother and the culture I love

This makes me think of my sister-in-law, her style kind of addicted me to 60's/ early 70's prints

I have a rug like this in storage. It reminds me of Pippin and unlike this rug, it didn't cost me $99... it was free!

I freaking love these ruffles! And I'm not a ruffle kind of gal

I need these pillow sets. They're from UrbanOutfitters. I'm going to get them soon

Again with the oldie floral prints

Well, now that I went and did all that, I'm going to go back to my over-crowded apartment and go to sleep in my tiny twin bunk-bed. I hate being 21 and sleeping on a bottom-bunk. I have to get out of here.

1 comment:

Gianna said...

I have a hippie bed on the floor and it still has a head board! best of both worlds. Also I love the comforter before the mustache pillows. Ruffles aren't necessarily my thing but I adore color gradients.