Sunday, August 28, 2011

summer

My summer consists of two weeks.

I've left my beloved California for a while. A short while, I hope. The drive from Southern California to Salt Lake city was something that requires physical therapy and a detox afterwards (thanks to the two 5-hour energy drinks that I took after only three hours of sleep before my 12 hr drive... NEVER again!). Those drinks are Satan. Took me almost three days to recover.

But I had a nice short visit with my Aunt, who's too much fun and her daughters that are too gorgeous. Plus they live such adventurous lives. I've always felt like the ugly duckling around them. But we had fun chatting and committing to perilous activities such as coughing ourselves down the world's largest zip line at the Olympic Park in Park City Utah. I can't go into too much detail there because I have blocked most out from sheer terror but I do remember that I almost cried, I was hysterical before the release and when we stopped, I was so shaky I had to walk it off. But it was completely worth it to see what I had conquered... And also to see my cousin dangling from her seat when she forgot to take off her seatbelt before she got out! Haha! Love her.

So after my short visit to SLC, I flew to Seattle to spend time with my mother before flying to Texas next week to visit the other parents. It's so warm and green here. I forgot why I loved it here other than the people. Seattle will always be my hometown and a part of my heart will always be here but now California feels like home and I'm homesick.

1 comment:

neil and jes said...

haha oh holly. i will always feel terrible for putting you through that!!!! but i'm so glad my idiocy at least provided a silver lining :)


it was SO great seeing you - you are too gorgeous. it was great catching up :)