Thursday, August 11, 2011

i am a Lady

Something I've had to get used to about California is the blunt stares.

When the men here look at you... they look at you. And they don't try and hide it. In fact, they want you to know they're looking at you.

I makes me sick.

In fact it really just pisses me off.

Who do you think you are to be looking at me like that?! I'm not a pair of legs walking around. I am a Lady! And you will treat me as such... you perv!

Well today it was kind of warm. And so I was wearing shorts as I went to the grocery store. And from the time it took me to pull in the parking lot, get out of my car and walk the way through the lot to the door, these two hispanic construction workers were eye-ballin' me.

I could feel the rage mounting. With each step I took, I felt my teeth clench and my fists balling. I wanted to sock them in the face!

And then do you know what happened?! Do you know what this sweaty mustach-clad piece of slime did?! He had the nerve to hock a luggie right as he was watching me walk by. Well... I lost it.
I stopped right in my tracks before entering the store and started yelling at him: "Oh no! There is NO WAY that you can be looking at me like that and then just spit on the ground right in front of me! I'll have you know that I am an educated, working woman and I am too smart to be stupid enough to go for the likes of you. Does that ever work for you?! Checking out women like they are pieces of meat? Doesn't look like it! You know what? This is just stupid!"

I was just SO MAD!! And he just sat there watching me with his eyes huge! His buddy next to him was completely frozen. Once I'd had my crazy-person rant, I stormed into the grocery store. It wasn't until I was buying my groceries that I even realized what had happened. What was I thinking?! I have no idea. But at least those guys weren't outside when I left. Who knows what might have happened...

I am woman. Hear me roar!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha way to go Holly Hallmark!!