Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hallmark Christmas 2.0

Happy Late Christmas!!

One of the great things about having family all over the place is the fact that you get to have more than one Christmas. So that means that the present opening-fun goes on for much longer!! Haha and the present giving as well. But this year was great. I tried to give every one in my family something that was made especially for them, like some stationary I designed for my sisters or an ink print of C3PO and R2D2 or a screen printed onesie for the newest member of the family, etc. It was fun and for the most part I was successful but I did cheat a little bit when I found lightsaber chopsticks for my brother.

But in the end it was a fantastic Christmas. I lounged in DC with my Dad and his wife and then I came to NYC to party with my Mother and Brother's clan. We've been shopping till we drop and kicking my butt at dominoes. But it was a good haul. Here's a sampling of the great gifts my family gave. (Not all since I got so much great stuff from many generous loved ones but these were just the ones I found photos of)
THE CANON 5D MARK II!!! I'm still in shock
This awesome collection of Beatles guitar (or ukulele) picks! There's 15 and each one has an album cover on it or an illustration thats popular. I think I'm going to frame them so I can have it next to my "Meet the Beatles" Album cover that I got framed

My sister and I have this running joke about Pepe the King Prawn. So I have no idea how she was able to find this but it was a good laugh

Vinyl!!

More Vinyl!! And I just love the illustrations of this one. So cute. So Disney.

This awesome Tin Cup that my mother found for me. I was so excited to see it!

Ok, so I actually got these for myself, but you always give yourself the best gifts!! These are noise-silencing earphones by UrbanEars. They're made for iPhones and iPods, so there's a volume adjuster as well as a speaker and button to answer calls or change the tracks. Plus it's bright red which is my favorite color!!

And of couse more vinyls... I also got a couple of other cool old ones that I'm excited to listen to on my magnavox when I get settled in California!!

1 comment:

Christibear said...

I grew up listening to the Sleeping Beauty record when we lived in California. My mom would put it on at nap time, I think I was five (and it's been 31 years since then). She still has it!