Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rock Around the Clock... Literally

I love my job

I just needed to say that first off before I continued with the rest of my post because I'm going to go a little rant here for a while...

When I was given my assignment, no one told me what my hours would be like. I know that I had to be available 7 days a week and that my hours would never be the same for every day and I would be allotted two days off a week. But they never told me what my hours would be like!!

In the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center) where I work driving the trams, there are a lot of old men (to put it lightly). And because they've been working here longer, they get the first dibs on when they work. Which means that these poor college kids get the bottom of the barrel! So all the old fogies get to work the daylight hours and I'm stuck doing the grave-yard shift!

My typical work day is like this:

At 6 or 7 I start work. Six hour shifts at the minimal which means that I don't get to go home until 12 or 1, and that's ONLY if there's no Extra Magic (or Tragic) Hours, at which time I can be working until almost 5AM!!!

Then I go home, sleep until 2 or 3 in the afternoon missing everything fun and only eating one meal a day! I could go three days without actually seeing a roommate! Gah!!!!

Now that I've ranted... I have to go to work

1 comment:

Kristi K said...

ahhh dang! I'm sorry girl! I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on.