Monday, April 26, 2010

Disney World Adventures: Day ONE

DAY ONE

After waking up from a night spent in TERROR from the War-of-the-Worlds lightning storm going on during the night. But the hotel that I staid in was MAGNIFICENT! There was a king-sized bed with ten feather pillows allllllll to myself and glorious room service! But anyways, I grabbed a cab to Vista Way Apartments, which is where all the Disney Interns stay. My cab driver was a cute little old asian man who told me all about the complex and the places I can go to around it. He was very helpful.

I got to the complex soon after. The sun was out and the breeze was blowing so it was actually really nice. I met some really energetic people and I could totally feel the Disney Juices running through my veins. I was able to get most of my paper work finished and a really cheezy looking security ID card. I hefted my body bags to building 3 and walked the flight of stairs to room 306. Four of my roommates were already there. Katie (BYU, Quick Food Service), Alyssa (BYU-I, Attractions), Tristan (BYU, Character... and my roommate), Kristy (BYU, Merchandise), and later Kendall (BYU, Attractions) showed up. We got to know each other and spent most of the time unpacking our stuff. I found out that my roommate Alyssa worked with my friend Karen at BYU-Idaho so we already had a connection. At 1:30, Kristy and Kendall and I went to get on a bus to go get our finger prints done for a background check. Not as interesting but it was cool to see a behind-the-scenes Disney building, which has as much Disney Decor as anything you would see in the park so it TOTALLY brought more excitement with it.

After we got back to the complex, Alyssa, Tristan, and Katie had hitched a ride with a male to go eat and go to Walmart. So Katie, Kendall, and I were left to figure out the Cast Member bus system. We headed to Walmart half starved and running purely on Disney Magic. We filled our carts to the brim (mainly with food since it's the only thing we had on our mind) and spent WAY too much. Returning home we ate our much needed meal and chatted about our different fun disney memories and our excitements for our job. We were all hot a sweaty so we decided to go check out the pools here. We swam and swam and met tons of new people. There isn't a lot of new people here because only the BYU programs are starting and the normal ones will be arriving in May. But we relaxed and soaked.

Now I'm sitting on the floor of my new (HUGE) apartment because I have to be close to the ether-net plug in order to use the internet. But I'm tired and extremely sore, plus I have to get up early tomorrow for a housing meeting and then I get to find out where I'm going to be working. I'm sorry for the quick post but I HAD to post something tonight or it would never happen. now i'm of to have Disney Dreams... wow, that was too corny.

1 comment:

Gabrielle Jean Murphy said...

SO EXCITING!!! keep it updated so i can read about all your disney adventures!!!