Tuesday, April 27, 2010

BREAKING NEWS!!!



So it's official! I am now working at...... (Drum roll)

Disney World's
MAGIC KINGDOM!!!

Tomorrow is when I get to take my Traditions class, where we get to learn all about the history of Disney and how to point appropriately without offending any Foreign visitors. But it will be so exciting. We also get to take tours of the famous underground city called the Utilidoors. So I'll be sure to fill you in with what that actually means when I find out myself... The only downside to this is that I will have to get up by 530 to get there for the 700 class. Woo hoo...

But I'm having such a great time already! I've just been hanging out with my roommates, soaking in as much knowledge as I can. I have that major new-kid-on-campus feeling and I HATE it. So I can't wait to actually get used to it and stop feeling like everyones looking at me like a "nube" (aka: new-bee). But after classes and going to the extremely long and freezing housing meeting (I had to sit in the front row with the air conditioning blowing on my short-wearing leg. The only way to escape the cold was to lift my feet high off the ground so I'm sure I looked like a fool sticking my legs up in the front row.) and then almost missing the bus because I couldn't find my security ID (I would have had to walk home a mile away or pay $50 for a new ID card). But I made it home and together my roommates and I walked the block to Wendy's for lunch and Walgreen's for forgotten supplies.

We just got back from spending a couple hours at the pool. Which was totally relaxing and toasty. Some of my roommates already have a tan line! It'll take me a while to get there with my thick English/Native American skin. But now we're all going to take a much deserved nap.

Woo for Magic Kingdom!!

2 comments:

stacey said...

sounds like you are keeping very busy. i'm jealous of your pool time! hope the rest of your week goes well, we've been thinking of you. xoxo

Kali and JT said...

oooh sounds like a blast already! I am looking forward to hearing the description of this underground city.