Sunday, October 9, 2011

good news

I lost 10 lbs in less than a month!

This is big news for me. I am not a skinny girl. Instead, I am a curvy woman. It's partially my pal, gene's fault. I was born to birth big headed babies, so my hips would put Shakira's to trial.

I haven't been doing anything unnatural either. I hate the idea of diets, after being in dance for a good part of my life and being obsessed with the ballerina lifestyle, I've seen too many horrible outcomes of unhealthy dieting.

Diet. I freaking hate that word. I feel like it has become a nickname for "hating my body, so instead I'm going to destroy it with unhealthy habit-forming techniques".

I love my body. I've got these crazy awesome hips and I'm strangely flexible. I've got amazing dark hair and I like how when I smile my eyes turn into these almost asian half-moon smiles from my Native American Granddad.

But I've decided that if I like my body so much, and I want to keep it for longer, I'd better focus on the long term.

I started this "eating plan" (see what I did there?) with increased protein, vitamins twice a day to compensate for any nutrients that I might be missing out on, cutting out all starches, gluten, and natural sugars. Basically what I'm doing is resetting my hypothalamus (which is the part in your body that decides where to take it's energy) without a drastic cutting-down of calories. I'm teaching my body to take energy from the saved up storage in the body's fat, as opposed to the food I'm taking in.

It can be a little exhausting sometimes because you're body doesn't quite get the memo of where the energy is the first week or so, but afterwards, you gain your energy back and you notice that you're not as starving all the time.

It's completely healthy and I'm not starving my body of anything that it didn't get before. Well, except for maybe guilt and self-conciousness... That's right. I'm feeling pretty hott.

1 comment:

Tracy Haws said...

Holly you are and will forever be "hot"!!!! Love you Holly and so proud of you...wanna send over some of that motivation this way?