Wednesday, June 8, 2011

sick day

Lots of people have been getting sick with strep throat at work, and so of course, yesterday when I woke up with a sore throat, I panicked. Then this morning when I woke up and it was even worse, I decided I shouldn't risk it: I called in sick and went back to bed.

I'm 21 years-old and when I get sick, I still want my mother to be around. I have been extremely fortunate in my life to have an abundance of mothers in my life. I've got my actual mother and she is more than enough; she's exceptional. But then I've also got one of the greatest older sisters. She's always there to answer the phone when I'm sick. When I had the Swine Flu and I was quarantined with no voice, she talked to me for over an hour giving me the pity I needed and lifting my solitary-bound spirits. And she always has advice that helps. Thanks Shelly, the steamy shower did help my throat. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

So I've been sitting pitifully on the couch, downing tea with my pillow and yoga pants, while watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians... I love that show now. But my roommate made me a huge bowl of spaghetti and I got to talk to both of my parents, so now I'm full and loved. I'll be better tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!

No comments: