Sunday, June 19, 2011

a bowl full of Cherry's

I had an amazing day today.

I went to go visit my family today for a very special occasion. My cousin's twins were getting baptized today, so I was able to go to their baptism. It was beautiful and just what I needed.

There were tons of smiles, snuggles from a cute baby, bike ridding, walking around barefoot, white dresses, good food and new love. And this is kind of silly, but I got to live one of my life-long dreams. My two cousin's were blessed with amazing voices (that whole family were always beautiful singers). And every family gathering or special occasion they would sing. I remember always loving hearing them and I desperately wished that I could be good enough to sing with them some day. These women can belt it out and my only practice is in the car during road-trips, so it would be like comparing Aretha Franklin to Weird Al... but they invited me to sing with them for the program at the baptism! I was actually very honored under all my unworthiness. But now I can check that off my bucket list.

And I got to take some amazing shots of their adorable babies. I missed portraiture and these kids were way too stinkin' cute. Plus, how can you resist taking one of the most dysfunctional family photos ever?










This one is my favorite. Each person has their own story and emotion different from the rest

1 comment:

Tracy Haws said...

I have to agree...that last picture is my favorite!! And those pictures of Maggie were beautiful! You have a talent Miss Holly and I can't wait to see where it will take you. I love you and I"m so glad you were able to come up for it too. I just wish you hadn't gotten called in to work but the time we had together was FAB! I miss you already...and if we were on your bucket list, we gotta get you a new bucket list. ;)