Tuesday, May 31, 2011

i love my job!!

Yesterday was my last day of training at Flik's Fun Fair!!

I'm so excited to finally come out of the cave of It's Tough to be a Bug. I was a little nervous with the whole pushing of the thousand buttons. But I got over that really fast. Instead I discovered a new nemesis... grouping. Grouping is the act of counting people to get the exact number of people for the next ride. It's a nightmare for dyslexic people like me. Thank goodness I've got ten fingers, or I'd be a mess. But the thing that throws me off is the people!! They can never make up their minds!! PLEASE!! Save my brain and just decide if you want the child to sit on your lap or not! For Pete's sake!!

But it's SO much fun! I'm going to be working with people I already know since we share the same break room with them in Bugs. Everyone's been really encouraging and helpful. Plus I love seeing all the little kids out and about. It's just a fun and happy environment.

We were learning about closing procedures for the different attractions, so we stayed after the park closed. It was gorgeous. If you ever have the chance to be in California Adventures at dark, take a walk through Bug's Land. The four-leaf clovers glow a beautiful green and everything looks so colorful and just... magical (yup, I said it...).

I just love my job! Where else would you work under giant four-leaf clovers? Or get to push bright colored buttons all day long? Or get to play with bumper cars or over-sized animal cracker boxes?

I love my job

No comments: