Monday, March 22, 2010

Change is in the Wind

I've been looking at a lot of home decor websites (my newest favorite was shown to me by my wonderful sister-in-law/ mother to my newest niece/nephew(!)..."Little Green Notebook"). I've got Home on the brain. Anyways, I've decided that I really hate cream/tan walls. It's too over-used and I'm tired of people saying it's the new white.

No, no it's not... White is the only white. The tan kind of blends everything out. In Photographic, it's the "sepia" to the natural eye. But I LOVE white! I love the look of a clean white wall. It brings everything out in a room. Because, when you go into a room, you don't want to think "this is a really nice paint job", NO, you put furniture in a room to be looked at! That's why I love it. It draws the focus to the colors in a room. Don't color coordinate either. Add excitement to the room!

If there's a lot of color then the eye won't focus on the whole aspect. Instead it will take its time to see all the little things in the room... more to look at. If you have a color sceme, then the eye just takes it all in as one, there's no need to stop and focus on the gorgeous new vase or the beautiful vintage couch. Liven it up a bit! You're living in it, so make it alive!






*Oh and grey walls too. They do a similar effect but make the room more warm without the suffocation of tan*

No comments: