Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I would just like to bare my testimony... I know this church is true... and I really love my roommates... *sniff sniff*

But no seriously...

I have the greatest roommates ever. Ever.

I recently moved my new record player (a vintage MAGNAVOX! ... you have to say it with a booming voice) into the livingroom. We don't have a TV so I thought it was close enough. But my roommates love it. We listen to it all the time, especially Beatles or Coldplay's Viva la Vida. We get a lot of compliments on it and a lot of wandering men asking if it actually works. I'm not gonna lie but it totally throws the whole apartment together. We've got this whole, moody artsy love-dungeon feel going on and I think it fits us well.

But tonight after I came home from the gym with my cute little Ecuadorian gym-buddy (she's barely four foot and MAN can she make you run faster... need inspiration to work out? Get a feisty Ecuadorian girl! She's adorable), anyways, I come home and I'm sweaty and shaky but I fall on the floor to do my crunches before I take a shower. Suddenly my roommate Allison (Aka: Fresh... I don't know why we call her that) turns on the record player, only I don't recognize the album. So I stop, sit up.... "wait... what is this?! Who's is this?! This isn't mine!" And they all yell "SURPRISE!.. Happy late birthday!!" I was SO excited! It was totally unexpected but they went online and found my favorite Regina Spektor album in an LP.

It was so awesome. We're totally listening to it now, but I can't put off a shower anymore. I love late birthday presents! They're not even family and they gave me a gift, I don't even care it's late. It's just nice to know they care. I was feeling a little down because close friends and family members didn't even send me a card. But hey, I'm older now. So birthdays aren't as important right? Ok, I'm rambling, time to hit the showers!

No comments: