Sunday, July 4, 2010

Disney means you are the exception to every rule

So when I first started working here I came across a pattern... nobody listens because they think they don't need to.

Guest: What do you mean I have to take my kid out of the stroller and fold it?! He's asleep!

Me: I'm sorry ma'm but I don't want to risk your child rolling off the side of the tram when we turn a corner

Everyone also thinks that they deserve better service than the people around them...

Guest: Can I find a parking space closer to the front? I have kids with me

Me: (Thinking to myself- So does everyone ELSE in this WHOLE place?!)... sure, help yourself (because Disney won't say no unless they have to)

Plus, isn't there a favor that we as one person to another could do?...

Guest: I just REALLY want to go see the castle

Me: well if you have your ticket, you just enter the park and it'll be right past the train station. Do you have your ticket?

Guest: well no, but I just REALLY want to go see the castle, even just for five minutes!

Me: I'm sorry ma'm but you need a ticket in order to enter the park...

Those are pretty much the same conversations that I have multiple times a week. Needless to say I have a newer found respect for every cast member who has to deal with these excuses and so forth. So please read this and remember it the next time you ever go to a Disney park. Follow the rules because they're there for a reason and even though their name is printed on a tag and they're dressed like any other no-named face there, they're still people and they have to deal with hundreds of other people who don't see them as human beings. In my case, they just think of me as a human pylon cone...

No comments: