Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Return of Captain EO

That's right folks, Disney is bringing back Michael Jackson. In 1986, Disneyland opened up one of it's first 3D films. It was a story of a singing and dancing Captain EO (Aka. Michael Jackson) and his battle against other non-earthly creatures. There was singing, there was dancing, and there were shoulder pads. It was directed by the famous Francis Coppela (The Godfather) and co-written by our very own George Lucas (STAR WARS!).
The show was originally taken out of Disneyland and Walt Disney World after the rumors of Michael's (first) scandal. But after Michael's death, the public has been demanding that they bring it back.
At first Disney denied that they had any plans to bring it back, but just recently they announced that they would be bringing it back into the Tomorrowland theaters for a short period of time. It will be playing in the same theater that's been playing Honey I Shrunk the Audience for the last twenty or so years. Although, the show will only be playing in Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Tokyo and Disney China in a new restored quality.
I wish I could say I was excited for it, because I'm not. I love Michael's music, I've never had a problem listening to the beats of "I'm Bad" or "Just Beat It", even when he was in trial again. But what I don't agree with is all of the glory that's been given to him. When he was alive, people never stopped to give him crap for being weird or out of the ordinary. And people were always bringing out his trials and "preferences". But as soon as he passes away, they glorify him! They make a movie and everyone loves it... I have yet to see it but I'm not in a rush to anytime soon. And now this... did they forget WHY they took it away in the first place?!

No comments: