Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Beatles: They Never Let Me Down

It's 2:00 in the morning and I can't sleep. So I went online and I started looking up the Rooftop concert that the Beatles did. Whenever I'm wired or stressed out, the Beatles always calm me down. Their music is pretty much good for everything; working out, singing along with, dancing to, falling asleep to, or even making out to ;D.

As I was driving home from Provo with a friend of mine, we were talking about the Beatles and how there really isn't another band like them. These days when a band changes their style or their sound, everyone freaks out, but with the Beatles, everything they did was accepted (except for the occasional songs like Honey Pie or Only a Northern Song (which is crazy and wild enough to still be awesome in a peculiar way). Think about it, how many different styles can you count that the Beatles went through? The Teeny-Bopper phase (Ex. I Wanna Hold Your Hand), The Mellowed-out/ Find-their-own-way (Ex. HELP!), The Druggie-Era (Ex. Yellow Submarine, Lucy in the Sky... etc. But still in my opinion the time of their greatest creations), and the long-lasting and mind boggling Indian-Inspired phase (Ex. Anything that involves George playing the Sitar).

The Beatles are of a force all their own. Music goes through phases that comes and goes and occasionally something will come back for a while; like ABBA when Mamma Mia came out or Led Zepplin to all those stoners who think they're vinal or hard core. But the Beatles are forever around. People of all ages love and appreciate their music. I'd like to consider myself an incredibly knowledgeable Beatles Fan, but there's STILL music of theirs that I'm constantly re-discovering. They never seem to end and there never seems to be a shortage of new fans. I grew up listening to my mother's Sgt. Peppers and Yellow Submarine albums and I will raise my children with the 'Help' (pun intended) from John, Paul, George, and even Ringo.

Click on Below Link to "Don't Let Me Down" Video of Concert!!





No comments: