Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Need!

So if it's not already obvious, I'm kind of stuck on the Beatles right now. I tend to go through these phases where I only listen to one band or musician at a time. Well I'm now running on the consecutively thrid week of my Beatles phase. It might even go further back now that I think about it. In fact, I think it started the week of Christmas. Yeah... that's when it started. In high school on the Senior All-Nighter, I won a Guitar Hero game for Wii. Only problem is that I don't actually own a Wii. None the less, I kept it. My little friend Claire has a Wii and no Guitar Hero (even though she's freaking awesome! Playing with her makes me feel so inadequate. I especially love it when I celebrate for getting on to Medium and being able to use four instead of three fingers, while she's on Expert and using five at maximum force). Anyways... We came across the agreement that she could "hold on to it for me" while I'm at college and Wii-less. But over Christmas break, while home, I rented the new Beatles Rockband. I had the guitar already and the Wii supplied by Claire. Well, I pretty much beat the whole game in a matter of two days. I was obsessed.

The sound quality is AMAZING and the graphics still blow my mind. Heck, they did so much research on this that they manage to find out what they wore at the time of recording for each song! The game goes through the historical sequence of the Beatles career. Starting at the Cavern and ending with the famous final Rooftop Concert. My favorite is the Rooftop sequence. They even added scenes from the videos that were recorded on the roof, for example, pedestrians that were watching from the street, they actually COPIED them right on to the game!! I was so excited, and needless to say, I've been on this crazed obsession for quite a while with no relent. And sadly to say, I think I'll be on it for much longer... I just bought HELP! and Hard Days Night on DVD from Amazon...

No comments: