Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Because I LOVE GRAPE JELLY!!!!!

So I was hanging out with Gabe the other day when I found her awesome Ukulele. It was out of tune but I know a couple of guys who are musically handy with tuning guitars. So I took it back with me in hope of finding out how to do it myself. I looked online and found an online tuner. I would push a button and it repeatedly played the tune so I was able to match it by ear. And I DID IT!! That's right, without ever learning how to play any kind of stringed instrument, I was able to tune a Ukulele! I even went online and found the cords. I learned 5 cords!! I'm totally excited! And I totally want a Ukulele now.

I know, I know... you're probably thinking, this is another one of Holly's bizarre hobbies. There was the long boarding, the tie-dying, the scuba diving, etc. Well, I would long board if there wasn't about three inches of ice on the ground. I would tie-dye if it wasn't expensive, and it's kind of hard to go scuba diving in REXBURG! But it's ok. I'm not about to spend money on an instrument that I have no time to play with. But it was a fun achievement for this week.

No comments: