Sunday, November 16, 2008

Music Makes the World Go Round (and Christmas come faster!)

I love the iPod. it truely was one of the most genius inventions in this century. Here's a list of my favorite artists on my iPod at the moment...

-Mates of State
-Vampire Weekend
-The Weepies
-Billy Joel (He totally started the fire ;D)
-Sting
-The Police
-David Bowie (he makes dance magic)
-The Beattles
-ABBA
-Arcade Fire
-Louis Armstrong
-Edith Paif
- Postal Service/ Death Cab for Cutie
- Snow Patrol
-Billie Holiday
-Bette Midler
- The Fray
-Third Eye Blind
-Josh Groban (CHRISTMAS!!!)
-Bing Crosby

I can go on and on. I'm am really getting into my christmas music at the moment. Here are some of my most favorite Christmas songs...

-Go Tell it on the Mountains (the Nylons)
-The First Noel (Nat King Cole)
-Santa Baby (Eartha Kit)
-I Saw Three Ships (Nat King Cole)
-It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Josh Groban)
-Santa Clause is Coming to Town (Fred Astaire)
-I'll be Your Santa Baby (Rufus Thomas)
-The Christmas Song (Natalie Cole)
-White Christmas (The Drifters)
-Santa Baby (Eartha Kit)
-Run Run Rudolf (Chuck Berry)
-5 Pound Box of Money (Pearl Bailey)
-Winter Wonderland (Aretha Franklin)
-Santa Clause, Santa Clause (Louis Jordan)
-We Want to See Santa Do the Mambo (Big John Greer)
-Baby its Cold Outside (Ann Margret and Al Hirt)
-Merry, Merry Christmas (Koko Taylor)
-I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm (Billie Holiday)
-I Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (Dinah Washington) --- Sounds JUST like Mrs. Pickering!!!
-I'll be Home for Christmas (Fats Domino)
-I'll be Home for Christmas (Josh Groban)
-Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Judy Garland)
-Christmas Story (Doris Day)
-Joy to the World (Aretha Franklin)
- Happy Holidays (Bing Crosby)
-Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (Brenda Lee)
-Happy Holiday (Johnny Mathis/ Cece Winans)
-It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Johnny Mathis)
-Angels We Have Heard on High (Josh Groban)

And a good thanksgiving song... "Thankful" by Josh Groban

2 comments:

Gabrielle Jean Murphy said...

i love music...

Shell said...

LOVE the list format! Finally got around to updating my blog (just a bit, for now) and "lifted" this one to make a list of my own.

Love you!

shell